Meandering

Friday, 3 January 2014

And another thing...

Here are a couple more thoughts for this week.

I got three pairs of slippers for Christmas. I was in charge of making the Chocolate Log for the family, and it was a roaring success. I didn't take a picture, but I assure you, it looked like a log.

I am proud to inform you that I have now read all of the Harry Potter books, and 'A Christmas Carol'.

Bandwagon alert: Haim. Holy crap, where have I been?

I forgot to mention that I swam in the sea this year. It's been a couple of years, so it felt really, really good. Despite being a rather weak swimmer, I absolutely adore the ocean.

I adapted my favourite pub game, 'Would You Rather...?' to use as an icebreaker for a meeting at work. Two of the questions were, "would you rather be an owl or an eagle?" and "would you rather be a whale or a shark?" Can you guess what my preferences would be? Please tell me yours.

Here is a picture of me amongst the tall, tall trees in the Lake District:


The trees in Atlanta are even taller, but I didn't know that back in May. We don't have enough trees in Bath. Although the plane trees on the Circus still fill me with awe. I suspect they're Ents. They are most certainly wise.

2 comments:

  1. Owl, whale? That's what I'd choose for myself as both are lovely but sliiightly less majestic and predatory than eagles and sharks. Nice icebreaker idea. :)

    I'd love to hear about your Atlanta trip sometime! Dean and I are planning to stop over the Athens/Atlanta area on a short road trip next month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owl and whale, yes! I'll take quiet and wise over Top Of The Food Chain any day. I'll try and put an Atlanta post together soon :)

    ReplyDelete