Meandering

Thursday, 2 January 2014

Hello

I have missed you!

I've been nervous about coming back: how can I possibly recap a whole year? Have I got any good photos to include? How much do I share?

You know what? None of that matters :)

I completed my Foundation course in Counselling and Psychotherapy skills. It was wonderful. It was hard. I am changed. Empathy, man - if I could be a superhero I would have an Empathy Ray Gun, and the world would be healed. Everybody just wants to be heard.

I think that's why we blog. And I don't mean, everybody wants attention, me me me. What I mean is that everybody wants to feel connected, to feel a moment (even just an occasional moment) of being understood.

The memory of my fellow students gives me strength. What an amazing group. I miss them.

I don't know if I can do it for a living, but it's OK, I don't have to decide now.

I'm not even going to try and recap my whole year. I went on holiday, met my boyfriend's family in the States (ate chilli dogs at the Varsity in Atlanta, GA, if any of you happen to know where that is), visited a friend's magical childhood home in the Lake District, went to Longleat for our birthday (my boyfriend and I have the same birthday), and one of my best friends got married. She looked happy and beautiful and I blubbed through my reading. I have blubbed more this year than any other year I've known!

As for pictures to share, here are my two favourites from this year. This one's from a picnic with great friends:


And this one is Steve and I onstage (yes, I've sung onstage a couple of times this year. I hope to do it again):


I have no idea how often I'll be back here, I make no promises, but this is something I don't want to lose, so I'll do my best.

How are you?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Eleni :) I'm good thank you, and you?
    Congratulations on completing your foundation! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
    Your year sounds great and I really like your photos - you look so happy!
    It's lovely to hear from you.
    All the best for 2014!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see a post from you, Eleni! Sounds like you've been real busy. :) Love your infectiously happy photos and congratulations on finishing your coursework. Oh, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay I've missed you! Was just thinking the other day about you and wondering if I was missing your blogpost :) glad you had such a fabulous year, hope 2014 is just as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just logged onto Bloglovin and was so excited to see a post from you! Good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete