Meandering

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Conquering Crochet

Finally, I have learnt how to read crochet patterns!

Meet Maurice:


Maurice is a tortoise.


A tortoise I crocheted! I have always wanted a tortoise, but until I have a garden, crocheted tortoises will have to do.


He comes from Ana Paula Rimoli's adorable book: 'Amigurami World: Seriously Cute Crochet' which Steve gave me two Christmasses ago but I've been too busy/lazy/chicken to attempt any of the patterns because I'd got it into my head that I couldn't crochet. Shameful. Don't talk yourself out of things. I've realised I do it all the time and I'm really working on stopping that.

So, I finally watched some crochet videos online and consulted a friend who is an expert, and surprised Steve with this tortoise this Christmas. He named him Maurice. Maurice can either sit up or crawl:


Have you achieved something lately that you've always convinced yourself you couldn't do? If so then congratulations, I am proud of you, and I hope you are proud of yourself :)

3 comments:

  1. "Some people call me Maurice, Cause I speak of the pompitous of love"

    I love him! congratulations on mastering a new skill :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maurice! You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie Maurice is! Congrats on learning to crochet!

    ReplyDelete